My name is Laura…

March 20, 2011

in Silly

…and I have a problem.

The Crocs flagship store is located in Boulder. It’s the largest Crocs store in the world.  I’m still in Colorado.

This is what happened.

We live in Southern California. My kids are 2.5 and just-turned 4. They wear Crocs from April until November, and many times in between when  San Diego weather is often in the 70′s during the “winter months.”

Do you guys have any idea how long it took me to get them all of the Crocs they needed in all of the colors and correct sizes last year?!?! I had to order online multiple times (many after clicking “notify me when this item becomes available”) and how many trips to our weak local Crocs store I had to make?

This time, I walked in, grabbed a bag, and bought every single color I wanted in their size, which was only about three pairs of shy of every single color they make in kids’ sizes. That easy! (And the Jibbitz. I picked up a few of those, to.) The really handy thing about my kids is that their feet are the same size. And  many Crocs colors are unisex.

I love Crocs for my kids. They can put them on all by themselves. That lone makes them fabulous. I can put them in the dishwasher or washing machine and they become magically clean. And they match everything.

I would also like you to take note of my generosity. I’m not big on character clothes or shoes. And by “not big on,” I mean I never buy them. But I took one for the team and bought them each a pair of Scooby Doo Crocs because they are obsessed with Scooby Doo right now.

All of that being said, and acknowledging that I still wear Uggs about ten years after they stopped being cool, you will not see me in a pair of Crocs. I love them for my kids – love them. But not so much for me.

Suzette March 20, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Laura, I am speechless! Did you know there is a Crocs outlet store at the Premium Outlets Center, Las Americas, only 15 minutes from Coronado? Oh, and I still wear Uggs, too. Love ‘em!

Laura March 20, 2011 at 7:48 pm

(Sorry – my reply to a different comment initially showed up under yours!)

The Las Americas store is the one I hit often. It’s actually significantly smaller than the store in Carslbad was before it went out of business. Still, neither ever has all of the colors/sizes/styles. This flagship store is INSANE, though — every single style, in every single color, in every single size. This sort of thing caters to those with OCD. ;-) ha ha ha

So glad i”m not the only one who loves her Uggs. Best. shoes. ever.

Tim@sogeshirts March 20, 2011 at 7:37 pm

Wow they make Scooby Doo Crocs? Cool did not know that. Wow little kids still watch Scooby Doo? Did not know that either but that is very cool. It was a great kids show. That is a lot of crocs that you bought. I hope your kids shoe size doesn’t go up any time soon.

Laura March 20, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Ha ha! Seriously – I’d worry worry, but their feet don’t grow too fast. They’re in the smaller of the size right now (Crocs come in a range, so currently, they’re wearing 8/9). My kids LOVE Scooby Doo. Their favorite episode is “The Creeper,” which makes me laugh. Turns out we’re recycling terms from the 70′s again. :-)

Jessica March 20, 2011 at 10:22 pm

That is a lot of pairs of crocs. I hope they last the kids for at least a year.

jules March 20, 2011 at 10:45 pm

Josie could care less about the crocs-I wish she’d like them since they are easy! oh-and Josie’s obsessed with Scooby Doo cartoons too. I love it!

kerryanne March 20, 2011 at 11:51 pm

I’m still a bit shocked at the mountain of crocs (!) M has one pair & he loves them. And I do too for all the reasons above: easy on, off, to clean… I on the other hand, would not be caught dead in them.

Momma Chaos March 21, 2011 at 6:40 am

Wowie! That is a mountain of Crocs!! I have held back from the draw of crocs.. from the pleas of little children to have them .. until recently. Dimples has an obsession with putting on his older siblings slippers and parading around the house so I finally gave in and bought him his first pair of crocs to wear around the house. Easy to put on & adorable :)

Tracy March 21, 2011 at 9:30 am

My kids each have winter Crocs and summer Crocs, but they have to wear tennis shoes to school so the muclch doesn’t get in them.

But, hey! Don’t knock adults in Crocs. Perhaps I am oversharing, but I have very sweaty feet. It’s called hyperhidrosis, and I actually get Botox shots in my feet and underarms a couple of times a year for it. I LOVE my Crocs because I can wash the stink away so easily. I have Mary Jane ones I wear in the winter and then cute little wedge sandal ones I wear in the summer!

Mad Woman behind the Blog March 21, 2011 at 10:17 am

*wiping brow. Whew, so glad you through in that disclaimer at the end!
And yes, the DD has been eyeing the crocs lately. I may have to cave.

Lawmommy March 21, 2011 at 11:19 am

I had no idea you could put crocs in the washing machine. For real? It’s true?

Nicole March 21, 2011 at 11:56 am

Is there a support group for this? I’ll look for you.

And my kid doesn’t even have a pair. I feel out of the loop. Like a bad mother. #momfail
Guess I know what i’m buying this week.

AND…I wear my Uggs too.

Kelley O March 21, 2011 at 6:57 pm

The kids are going to flip! Your littles are like my littles they love their shoes. Love you!!!

jenna March 22, 2011 at 10:19 am

This cracks me up. We were just considering a move to Boulder…who knew we could have been outfitted in CROCS in the process?!?!?! So funny…but I’m so like you…love kid crocs (and for me, converse…oh, love me a good pair of kid’s converse).

katherine March 22, 2011 at 12:36 pm

I still wear my uggs… In public. I also own crocs… I have the fur lined winter ones… I wear those in private (usually to run back out to the car to get my phone or whatever I left in my drink cup holder) I am now wishing that instead of the navy blue wonders that I wear in private (ok, so I have worn them to the grocery store once or twice to pick up something I forgot 1/2 way through burning dinner) for those hot pink scooby doo ones! Cute, Cute, Cute. I love crocs on little feet. They really are the cutest!

melissa March 23, 2011 at 9:37 am

Holy crap, lady! Maybe I’m just jealous, though — I’m pretty sure they’d fall right off Lucy’s feet. Do either of your kiddos have particularly narrow feet?

Jess@Straight Talk March 23, 2011 at 10:49 am

My kid LOVED those shoes. Loved them. On a little kid they are so cute! I don’t mind them one bit. I won’t wear them to the store or out in public, but um I do in my yard.

Jenny Modesitt March 25, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Last year they fit Ashenafi great…this year not so much. His feet are so narrow. Harry has super chubby feet so they work great for him. I found Ashenafi some cute red sandals at Fiddlesticks (you would love this site).

PS…you have my button! xoxoxo

Kristin March 30, 2011 at 10:19 am

I’m new here; found you through Twitter.

Only one of my kids has ever worn anything remotely close to Crocs; they were knockoffs from Walmart or something. I bet my kids would love them though.

I’ve never worn Uggs. My 10 year old has friends who wear them!

Nichole April 2, 2011 at 8:35 am

My kids rock the Crocs, too.
Love, love, love them for kids.
For adults? Not so much. ;)

Now I want to go to Colorado.